|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Knockback||2 Very Weak|
|Use time||25 Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows you to rhythmically play on a big alphorn|
Successfully timing hits will steadily increase its damage, empowerment level, and penetration
Mistiming hits will decrease these bonuses greatly and cost 5 inspiration
These bonuses will stay between weapon swaps, but gradually fade while not your active weapon
The Alphorn is a craftable Pre-Hardmode Big instrument. It releases ring projectiles above the player that home in on enemies. While held, the Brass Timer will appear below the player; the weapon's effects vary based on whether or not the timer is over a marker when attacking, as well as how long the rhythm has been held. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Flat Damage I empowerment.
Correctly attacking while the timer is over a marker will increase the weapon's damage by 4%, which stacks with successive correctly timed attacks up to 120% increased damage.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 40%, the ring projectiles will penetrate once and the alphorn will empower nearby players and the user with the Flat Damage II empowerment.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 80%, the ring projectiles will penetrate twice and the alphorn will empower nearby players and the user with the Flat Damage III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Changed to only cost inspiration on a mistime and not deal 90% less damage on a mistime.
- 126.96.36.199: Nerfed use time from 22 to 25 and inspiration cost from 1 to 2.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.