"An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra..."
While The Borean Strider is alive, its exclusive Music will play.
The Borean Strider can spawn on its own as long as the player is within a Hardmode Blizzard, but can also be summoned with a Strider's Tear. Its presence is indicated with the message "An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra..."
The Borean Strider leaps around the battle field much like slimes do, as well as unleashing various frost attacks at the player such as:
- Sending out frosty shockwaves after every hop that chills and damages players.
- Shooting a high velocity icicle attack that has a chance to inflict Frostburn and freezes the player on hit.
- Releasing a crystal wave of icy bursts that deal significant damage and freezes hit players for one second.
- Upon reaching 50% life, the cracking abdomen of the Borean Strider will rupture, spawning a set of Borean Hoppers.
- While below 50% life, the Borean Strider will spawn Borean Hoppers and Borean Mytes in an alternating pattern.
|After its egg sack has been popped|
- Upon defeating the Borean Strider for the first time, new enemies will begin to spawn in underground Spider Caves; namely, the Black Widow, the Brown Recluse, the Tarantula, and in Ice biomes the Frost Fang. This is indicated with the message upon its defeat "The Spider Nests in your world tremble in anger..."
- For an in depth guide on strategies plus equipment and arena recommendations, see Guide:Borean Strider strategies.
- The Borean Strider bears resemblance to the artist Endling's Tundrantula and is inspired off of it.
- Despite its spawn message saying "An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra...", its sprite only shows six legs.
- All visuals have been updated again.
- Fight has been updated and phases normalized.
- All visuals have been updated.
- Upgraded to an early Hardmode boss:
- Now has a Treasure Bag that drops the Ice Bound Strider Hide.
- No longer drops Blizzard MK II.
- Now has a Boss Mask.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.