Eighth Plague Staff
The Eighth Plague Staff is a Pre-Hardmode magic weapon that fires a swarm of fast-moving locusts, which have a 33% chance to poison the hit enemy. It is sold by the Desert Acolyte after The Grand Thunder Bird is defeated.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are a total of 4 locusts fired per swarm.
- The locusts travel in a straight line, but are fired at random angles in a tight frontal cone. This makes the staff function effectively as a shotgun, being more proficient at close range or against groups of enemies.
- As this weapon can be acquired very early, and the fact that all four locusts can hit a target, makes this weapon quite powerful in early-mid Pre-Hardmode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the staff refers to the biblical story of Moses and the ten plagues that were inflicted upon Egypt. The eighth plague was that of a devastating swarm of locusts that destroyed plants, livestock, and foodstuff across the nation.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed mana cost from 8 to 10 and buffed use time from 32 to 30.
- 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Now has a chance to poison enemies.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.