|Type||Weapon – Thrower|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Throws a limitless supply of energy daggers|
Overuse of this weapon exhausts you, massively reducing its damage
Killing enemies recovers some of your exhaustion
|Debuff duration||1 second|
|Debuff tooltip||Pure darkness is melting this enemy|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Some throwing items are now much weaker|
The Gauss Flinger is a non-consumable throwing weapon that can autofire. It is dropped by The Star Scouter. It throws energy dagger projectiles that are not affected by gravity, can pierce up to 2 enemies, and have a 1/2 (50%) chance to inflict the Light Curse debuff.
Like most non-consumable throwing weapons, using this weapon builds up an exhaustion meter that appears below the player. Not using the weapon will make the meter slowly go back down. However, if it becomes completely filled, the user will be inflicted with the Exhaustion debuff, causing all non-consumable throwing weapons to deal massively decreased damage for some time. The meter resets after the debuff ends.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It emits a reasonable amount of light when in use, making it useful during exploration in caves or traveling the surface at night.
- It is a viable weapon even in early Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Buffed damage from 24 to 28, use time from 26 to 24, and critical strike chance from 8% to 10%.
- Decreased damage from 28 to 24 and velocity from 19 to 15.
- Increased use time from 16 to 26.
- Added Exhaustion mechanic.
- 126.96.36.199: Increased range, damage from 23 to 28 and decreased use time from 17 to 16.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.