The Hellish Halberd is a Hardmode spear that has a chance to be dropped by Coznix, The Fallen Beholder. Upon successfully striking an enemy, the player will gain a charge. After obtaining 5 charges (indicated by burning embers emanating off of the player), the following use of the Hellish Halberd instead swings it like a broadsword, firing out a fiery vortex projectile.
The fiery vortex lasts for 5 seconds, deals 66.67% of the main weapon's damage, and can hit an unlimited number of times until it dissipates. The vortex automatically travels slowly towards the last enemy hit by the spear. The spear itself inflicts the Melting debuff for a short duration, but not the vortex.
Its best modifier is Godly.
- The player can only gain 2 charges for the fiery vortex attack per spear swing, regardless if the thrust hits more than 2 enemies.
- The weapon when firing the fiery vortex is a broadsword swing, and can activate sword-based effects such as Sword Sheaths.
|Original Hellish Halberd sprite by TheSeunger.|
- The sprite for this item is an updated version of the winner of the Thorium Mod Discord's Spriting Contest for Week 6, made by TheSeunger.
- Effect updated.
- Sprite updated.
- Renamed from "Thermogenic Impaler" to "Hellish Halberd".
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed use time from 14 to 23, velocity from 12 to 8, buffed damage from 46 to 50, spear damage from 75% to 100%, and knockback from 4 to 5.
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 42 to 46 and velocity increased from 9 to 12.
- Use time decreased from 15 to 14.
- Secondary attack damage increased from 70% to 75% and now inflicts On Fire! instead of Singed.
- Damage decreased from 46 to 42.
- Use time decreased from 17 to 15.
- No longer fires a projectile:
- Now has two different modes of attack depending on mouse button clicked.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.