The Hex Wand is a unique Hardmode true damage weapon that can be purchased from the Druid after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. It fires a bewitching hexbolt that will turn an enemy into a passive Frog.
Note that it has no specific class, as it deals true damage rather than melee, ranged, magic, summon, throwing, radiant, or symphonic damage. This also means that its damage value is not affected by any other damage modifications. It also cannot receive modifiers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The initial bolt will deal 1 damage and transform the enemy. All following bolts against the new frog will do the damage listed in the tooltip.
- The transformation is permanent, as the enemy will not return to its original form.
- Transformed frogs can be caught.
- It will not work against mini-bosses or bosses.
- However, it is still very effective at dealing with the more dangerous standard enemies. The main drawback is that you will lose any loot you could potentially gain from the original enemy.