The Illusionist does not spawn on its own; to summon it, the player must locate a Peculiar Mirror, which spawns rarely anywhere in the Dungeon if the Illusionist has not been defeated yet. The Peculiar Mirror displays the message: "Before you sits a rather strange mirror... Something seems to be calling out from it?"; clicking the 'Touch' option breaks the mirror and summons the Illusionist.
The Illusionist will remain stationary, periodically teleporting to a new location in range of the player. It will occasionally fire an Illusion Glass at the player, which will travel through tiles and damage the player, inflicting the Darkness debuff. It will also summon two Illusionist's Mirrors, which will orbit around the Illusionist and attempt to deflect attacks back at the player, causing them to take damage.
Every 33% life lost will cause the Illusionist to summon an invulnerable decoy, up to two times, which will behave and attack like the original.
Upon reaching 33% life it will occasionally pause to charge an attack for 2 seconds before unleashing a barrage of magic glass shards at the player.
When it is defeated, a status message will appear, saying: "The enigmatic Illusionist shatters into pieces."
- If you log out while the Illusionist has spawned, it will despawn like normal enemies.
- Only the true Illusionist has glowing eyes, making it the easiest way to differentiate it from its decoys.
- Changed spawning from naturally to being summoned with a Peculiar Mirror.
- Nerfed maximum life from 1500 / 3000 to 1250 / 2500.
- Nerfed Illusionist's Mirror spinning speed greatly.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.