The Mage Hand is a tool that is dropped by the Illusionist. It summons a Mage Hand at the cursor's location that can pick up a single enemy, NPC or multiple items around itself, as long as the player holds the attack button and the hand is within a certain range from the player, which is represented by a semi-transparent circle around the player's position. The hand can go through blocks and emits a small amount of light. In the latest version, this tool is likely not to function correctly in Multiplayer; enemies will teleport back to their original location, and the tool is entirely incapable of interacting with town NPCs despite the tooltip.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When using the Mage Hand it is best to move your cursor slowly as enemies or NPCs being dragged will easily slip out of your grasp.
- The light the Mage Hand produces is more vibrant and pronounced when in your range & more dim when out of your range, this can be seen more clearly as the mage hand is faded out slightly when out of your reach.
- The Mage Hand can interact with the environment by harvesting foliage, breaking pots, and destroying Larva.
- This item has no effect on Boss entities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is based off a spell of the same name from the tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Now costs mana while used.
- 126.96.36.199: Changed Mage Hand range slightly, allowed it to grab Town NPCs, cleaned up its controls, and is now dropped by the Illusionist.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed range significantly.
- 184.108.40.206: Crafting recipe changed.
- 220.127.116.11: Crafting recipe changed.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.