The Obliterator is a Hardmode gun that has a chance to be dropped by Coznix, The Fallen Beholder. On use it fires a harmless fireball that decelerates while the player holds the attack button down. Upon either releasing the attack button or automatically after 5 seconds, the fireball detonates into 10 bullets which spray outwards in a circular radius. Each firing only consumes 1 bullet.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- The fireball will always travel for a third of a second before detonating, even if the attack button is never held down.
- By default, the fireball can travel a maximum distance of about 30 tiles before coming to a complete stop.
- If the fireball is destroyed early by colliding with a tile, it will still burst into bullets.
- The bullets fired by the Obliterator's fireball are slightly larger than normal.
- As the maximum amount of damage is done if all the bullets hit, this weapon is best used by properly timing detonating the fireball while it is directly on top of the target.
- This weapon's functionality is based on the Flak Cannon from the game Nuclear Throne.
- Effect updated.
- Sprite updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Nerfed velocity from 15 to 12.
- 184.108.40.206: Nerfed use time from 36 to 38.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.