|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Knockback||2 Very Weak|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows you to rhythmically play on a big, magical harp|
Successfully timing hits will steadily increase its damage, empowerment level, bounce amount, and projectile count
Mistiming hits will decrease these bonuses greatly and cost 5 inspiration
These bonuses will stay between weapon swaps, but gradually fade while not your active weapon
|Buy / Sell|
The Scholar's Harp is a Hardmode Big instrument that is sold by the Wizard. It releases cyan wave projectiles that can ricochet off of tiles twice and pierce multiple enemies, but each projectile loses 25% of its current damage for each enemy pierced. While held, the String Timer will appear below the player; the weapon's effects vary based on whether or not the timer is over a marker when attacking, as well as how long the rhythm has been held. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Damage Reduction I empowerment.
Correctly attacking while the timer is over a marker will increase the weapon's damage by 4%, which stacks with successive correctly timed attacks up to 120% increased damage.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 40%, an additional cyan projectile is released on use, the cyan projectiles will bounce against tiles two additional times, and the harp will empower nearby players and the user with the Damage Reduction II empowerment.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 80%, two additional cyan projectile are released on use, the cyan projectiles will bounce against tiles two additional times, and the harp will empower nearby players and the user with the Damage Reduction III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Changed to only cost inspiration on a mistime and not deal 90% less damage on a mistime.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed damage from 30 to 25.
- 22.214.171.124: Buffed damage from 25 to 30.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.