|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows you to rhythmically play on a big steel drum|
Successfully timing hits will steadily increase its damage, empowerment level, and range
Mistiming hits will decrease these bonuses greatly and cost 5 inspiration
These bonuses will stay between weapon swaps, but gradually fade while not your active weapon
The Steel Drum is a Pre-Hardmode Big instrument that is found in naturally generating Depth Chests in the Aquatic Depths biome. It releases big pale wave projectiles that pierce multiple enemies. While held, the Percussion Timer will appear below the player; the weapon's effects vary based on whether or not the timer is over a marker when attacking, as well as how long the rhythm has been held. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Movement Speed I empowerment.
Correctly attacking while the timer is over a marker will increase the weapon's damage by 4%, which stacks with successive correctly timed attacks up to 120% increased damage.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 40%, the projectile's range will increase and the drum will empower nearby players and the user with the Movement Speed II empowerment.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 80%, the projectile's range will further increase and the drum will empower nearby players and the user with the Movement Speed III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Changed to only cost inspiration on a mistime and not deal 90% less damage on a mistime.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed damage from 17 to 16 and buffed knockback from 2 to 4.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.