|The Grand Thunder Bird||1||25%|
The Talon Burst is a Pre-Hardmode bow that has a chance to be dropped by The Grand Thunder Bird. It turns any Wooden Arrows it fires into Storm Bolts, which travel at a high velocity and can hit the same enemy twice, meaning the damage dealt is essentially doubled.
- When using Wooden Arrows, the Talon Burst effectively fires two shots at once, similar to a shotgun but without the bullet spread. As a result, if an enemy is killed by the first arrow's damage, the remaining arrow will continue to fly.
- Due to the projectile actually being two arrows and therefore two instances of damage, the bow is much less useful against enemies with high defense as its damage is essentially reduced twice as much.
- As Storm Bolts fired by the bow are able to hit twice, are unaffected by gravity and have incredible projectile velocity, the Talon Burst is effective well into Pre-Hardmode despite its low damage and inability to benefit different arrow types.
- Nerfed use time from 25 to 30 and knockback from 2 to 1.
- No longer the Expert Mode drop from The Grand Thunder Bird.
- Visuals updated.
- Damage decreased from 6 to 5, knockback decreased from 4 to 2, use time increased from 19 to 25, and Storm Bolts no longer emit light.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.