- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (16 / 20)100%
- (16 / 20)100%
- (16 / 20)100%
The Primordials are a post-Moon Lord boss and the final boss of the Thorium Mod. It consists of three separate bosses: Aquaius, the Endless Tide; Omnicide, the Life Defiler; and Slag Fury, the First Flame, with each having its own attack pattern and life count.
All three bosses must be defeated in order to stop The Primordials; in Expert Mode, however, a final confrontation appears after their defeat that must also be defeated to be victorious.
While The Primordials are alive, their exclusive Music will play.
The Primordials begin the encounter stopped in place as they spawn in before beginning their attack on the player. They each take turns assaulting the player with their own variety of attacks, requiring the player to adapt to the Primordial that is currently out; the Primordials not currently active will be intangible and unable to harm the player. Their order of attack is consistent and only differs if one of the Primordials has been defeated during the fight.
Their order of attack is: Slag Fury, the First Flame, Aquaius, the Endless Tide, then finally Omnicide, the Life Defiler before looping back to Slag Fury. Right before the active Primordial switches out, the inactive Primordials will let off respectively colored particles as a warning.
Slag Fury, the First Flame
Slag Fury, the First Flame is the fire-based spirit of the Primordials. At every 33% life lost, Slag Fury will enter a new phase. It attacks in the following manner:
- In phase 1, Slag Fury will shoot flame bolts and periodically larger flame pulses at the player.
- In phase 2, Slag Fury will continue to shoot flame bolts at an increased rate and periodically unleash a (3-5-3) spread of flame pulses.
- In phase 3, Slag Fury will start to rapidly fire a triple-spread of flame pulses instead of flame bolts, and will periodically charge up to unleash a ring of 15 homing fireballs.
Aquaius, the Endless Tide
Aquaius, the Endless Tide is the water-based spirit of the Primordials. At every 25% life lost, Aquaius will enter a new phase. It attacks in the following manner:
- In phase 1, Aquaius repeatedly fires a triple-spread of water bolts at the player with increasing intensity.
- In phase 2, Aquaius will continue to fire water bolts, and periodically stops to summon 6 Aquaius Bubbles to chase after the player. The Bubbles will explode on death and leave behind short-lived hazards.
- The bubbles have 4,000 HP, 25 defense, and 100 contact damage.
- In phase 3, Aquaius will start firing 4 water bolts at once, and stops summoning Aquaius Bubbles. It will periodically pause to summon 6 pairs of horizontally-moving typhoons to close in on the player, telegraphed by small blue beams.
- In phase 4, Aquaius will fire 5 water bolts at once. When it pauses, it will summon Aquaius Bubbles and fire typhoons at the same time.
|Periodically in phase 2 and 4.|
Omnicide, the Life Defiler
Omnicide, the Life Defiler is the death-based spirit of the Primordials. At every 33% life lost, Omnicide will enter a new phase. It attacks in the following manner:
- As long as Omnicide is active, all nearby players are permanently inflicted with Moon Bite. This wears off once Omnicide switches out with one of its cohorts.
- In phase 1, Omnicide will repeatedly charge at the player, attempting to slam into them. Its speed will constantly increase if it keeps moving in one direction, resetting when changing direction.
- In phase 2, Omnicide will increase the speed and rate of its dashes as well as periodically pausing to summon a rain of green blasts above the player's position, telegraphed by green beams.
- In phase 3, Omnicide will further intensify its dashes, while adding a semi-circle of laughing death projectiles to its rain attack. These will circle the player before abruptly stagnating in midair (telegraphed by them flashing red a short time beforehand), dealing massive damage on contact. The ring will rotate in a different direction each time Omnicide summons it.
In Expert Mode
|AI Type||Dream Eater AI|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (contact) |
2 seconds (projectiles)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.|
"The very fabric of reality is tearing at the seams!"
Dream Eater is the final confrontation available to players using the Thorium Mod and poses an immense threat to the player. It appears after all three former bosses are defeated. The background pulses slowly with a rainbow color while this entity Dream Eater is alive, and its appearance is notified with the status message, "The very fabric of reality is tearing at the seams!"
Dream Eater will spawn into battle right after the last remaining Primordial has been defeated. It will remain stationary and mostly invulnerable as it summons three cosmetic rings of Primordial energies (3 Impending Dreads, 5 Unstable Angers, and 8 Inner Despairs) before beginning its attack.
- Dream Eater will rapidly dash towards the players position, attempting to ram into them. It will also rapidly fire a triple-shot of purple Lucid Energy bolts at them.
- Every five shots, Dream Eater will briefly stop in place before charging up and releasing a special attack. The energy pouring into Dream Eater will give a clue as to which attack is chosen.
- Dream Eater channels the essence of Slag Fury, releasing a ring of 20 fast homing lucid energy balls.
- Dream Eater channels the essence of Aquaius, summoning 4 Lucid Bubbles and 8 horizontal typhoon pairs to attack the player.
- Lucid Bubbles are identical to Aquaius Bubbles but have higher stats (5,000 HP, 30 defense, and 160 contact damage)
- Dream Eater channels the essence of Omnicide, bringing down a telegraphed rain of lucid blasts onto the player's position.
- Dream Eater charges power and releases a dense ring of Lucid Miasma that lingers and slowly travels outwards from its original position.
- Dream Eater charges up, then teleports near the player and circles them counterclockwise while firing 5-shot spreads of purple bolts, 11 times. The initial location that Dream Eater will teleport to is denoted by a cloud of orange particles.
- Upon defeating Dream Eater, it will remain at 1 HP and erupt in a lengthy multicolored elemental explosion before dying, causing the status message, "Reality gracefully resumes its tranquil state..." to appear. The winning players will receive the Reality Bearer buff, displaying a crown above their head to signify their victory over The Primordials as well as the mod as a whole.
- The Primordials' damage reduction will increase by up to 25% if the player deals more than 10% of a Primordial's maximum health within 1 second.
- All 3 Primordials only take 65% damage from the Stardust Dragon Staff.
- Although recommended to be fought after the Moon Lord has been defeated, The Primordials can be fought prior if the player fails to defeat him, due to the fact that the recipe for the Doom Sayer's Coin only requires the Celestial Towers to be defeated.
- For an in depth guide on strategies plus equipment and arena recommendations, see Guide:The Primordials strategies.
- Dream Eater is a modified version of the Omega symbol, the last letter of the Greek alphabet, which is often used to denote the end.
- Dream Eater HP increased from 150,000 to 160,000, but removed the HP of its orbiting spirits (making them intangible).
- Gave Dream Eater two new attacks.
- Increased Omnicide's movement speed and made him permanently inflict Moon Bite to nearby players when active.
- Increased all Primordials' Expert health scaling and movement speed when tracking faraway targets.
- Intangible Primordials no longer inflict contact damage.
- Primordials now target one player per phase in multiplayer.
- Doubled the number of typhoons and bubbles summoned by Aquaius.
- Dream Eater HP increased from 100,000 to 150,000.
- Increased the number of typhoons and bubbles summoned by Dream Eater's Aquaius attack.
- Increased the number of fireballs released by Dream Eater's Slag Fury attack.
- Increased the damage and speed of Dream Eater's Omnicide attack.
- Renamed from "The Ragnarök" to "The Primordials", "Slag Fury, the Primordial Flame" to "Slag Fury, the First Flame", and "Dying Reality, the Ragnarök" to "Dream Eater".
- Encounter has been updated:
- Each primordial now attacks one at a time instead of all three at once.
- Adjusted attacks for each primordial.
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed the Primordials' enrage DPS requirement from 3000/sec to 10% maximum life/sec and reduced enrage DR cap from 30% to 25%.
- 18.104.22.168: Encounter has been updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced Dying Reality, the Ragnarök.
- 126.96.36.199: All bosses in the encounter have been buffed.
- Slag Fury, The Primordial Flame's third phase has been buffed.
- When defeated in Expert Mode, the elementals will return as Revenants.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.