The Void Lance is a Hardmode sentry summon weapon that fires a projectile which summons a stationary Void Gate upon collision with blocks or enemies for 15 seconds. Once summoned, the Void Gate fires a wave of dark energy at surrounding enemies within a short range, acting as a stationary turret. The attacks apply the Light Curse debuff for 3 seconds.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Void Lance has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
|Soul of Night||5|
- Once cast, the player can switch to another weapon and the Void Gate will remain.
- The Void Lance provides a significant amount of light when fired.
- The Void Gate continuously fires beams outward throughout its duration, firing toward enemies within range.
- When there are no enemies nearby, the Void Gate will fire at the player, but deal no damage.
- The Void Gate can damage enemies in two ways, contact damage and projectile damage.
- The Void Gate remains even if the player dies.
- The Void Lance can be used simultaneously with other sentry minions without impacting the player's normal minion total.
- If the Void Gate is in range of enemies while far off the screen, the projectiles will start firing out of the player instead.
- The Void Gate turret can be very useful during invasions, and in combination with other sentry style Summon weapons.
- The Void Lance is the only Summon weapon that can be directly aimed at flying enemies.
- 126.96.36.199: Sprites updated.
- Buffed mana cost from 25 to 15.
- Now crafted at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil.
- 188.8.131.52: Portal duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
|Void Heart |
| • • • • |