|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows you to rhythmically play on a big xylophone|
Successfully timing hits will steadily increase its damage, empowerment level, and explosion radius
Mistiming hits will decrease these bonuses greatly and cost 5 inspiration
These bonuses will stay between weapon swaps, but gradually fade while not your active weapon
The Xylophone is a craftable Hardmode Big instrument. It releases blue rectangular projectiles that explodes on contact or after a second. While held, the Percussion Timer will appear below the player; the weapon's effects vary based on whether or not the timer is over a marker when attacking, as well as how long the rhythm has been held. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Flight Time I empowerment.
Correctly attacking while the timer is over a marker will increase the weapon's damage by 4%, which stacks with successive correctly timed attacks up to 120% increased damage.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 40%, the projectile's explosion range will increase and the xylophone will empower nearby players and the user with the Flight Time II empowerment.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 80%, the projectile's explosion range will further increase and the xylophone will empower nearby players and the user with the Flight Time III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Changed to only cost inspiration on a mistime and not deal 90% less damage on a mistime.
- 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Nerfed damage from 44 to 42, buffed knockback from 3 to 4, and velocity from 12 to 15.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.